We Fight For Health
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We provide kids with opportunities to enhance their health, as well as empower youth about how to make healthy choices and avoid risky behaviors. By making it easier for individuals to access substance abuse programs, receive quality health care and access nutritious foods, we’re fighting to help everyone get—and stay—healthy.
During times of uncertainty and crisis, people come together to support one another. COVID-19 is a test of our collective strength. Loss of income and health insurance, feeding the kids, making rent and keeping the lights on is tougher for many of us than ever before.
Thanks to the generosity of our community, United Way is helping families and people in need access critical information and providing relief to those left vulnerable by the pandemic.
Program Partner Spotlight
United Way partners with and provides funding to the following local organizations to help build a healthier Blackhawk Region:
- Beloit Youth Program Scholarships (Stateline Family YMCA)
- CARE House (YWCA Rock County)
- Case Management (Vivent Health – formerly AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin)
- Counseling Services (Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Inc.)
- Crisis Intervention Training Program (National Alliance on Mental Illness Rock County, Inc. – NAMI)
- Dental Care Program (HealthNet of Rock County)
- Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (Special Methods In Learning Equine Skills, Inc. – SMILES)
- FACE-Kids (Catholic Charities Inc.)
- Individual & Family Counseling (Family Services of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Inc.)
- Palliative Care (Beloit Regional Hospice Inc & Beloit Health System)
- Personal Responsibility Empowerment Program [PREP] (Community Action Inc.)
- Prenatal Care and Nutrition Education [PCNE] (Nutrition & Health Associates Inc.)
- Primary Medical Care (HealthNet of Rock County)
- Racial Justice Program (YWCA Rock County)
- Recreation for Adults with Disabilities (Catholic Charities Inc.)
- Sexual Assault Recovery Program [SARP] (Family Services of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Inc.)
- Vision Care (HealthNet of Rock County)
- Youth2Youth 4 Change (Family Services of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Inc.)